Tuesday 25 February 2014

Quiche

This was on the menu last night and the kids were happy to hear they were having pie for supper.  The oldest was happy and very suspicious because he knew it wouldn't be that easy.  I have never made quiche before but took the plunge and did.  I made a broccoli and mushroom one.  To my benefit you couldn't taste the mushrooms - I have one sometimes two kids who hate them.  Got away with it though last night.  With the quiche I had tatertots, which weren't served until the quiche was gone.

My oldest didn't care for it but ate it with the knowledge he can't have tots without it.  The middle two kids devoured theirs and went back for more - lots more.  Then there was the munchkin.  Even tots took a long time to get him to eat it.  He didn't think trees in his supper was cool.  Eventually it was gone though and the tots hit his plate.  The adults all enjoyed it - even my dad who stopped by to drive the kids and had a piece.

The verdict from the munchkin was mommy please don't make that anymore.  My oldest who didn't like it but said it would be alright if I tried a breakfast one with ham in it instead of the veggies.  The other two kids can't wait to have it again.

I call this an almost full success.  New foods don't always go over well.  Usually when we serve up something new it's either loved or hated, I don't usually get this reaction.  I don't usually get the request but to alter it.  I was happy with the result.  I think even the munchkin would do better with a ham one (maybe with hidden mushrooms again).  Next time it's breakfast quiche.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds good (but I'd eat anything to get tater tots)!

    ReplyDelete