Wednesday 1 May 2013

Will it end?

I know it's not just us but much of the country.  But will it ever just go away and stay away for a few months?  The weather this Spring has been crazy to say the least.  When we do get some nice weather, we are reminded of where we live and get snow to follow it up.  Our snow was almost gone and then a couple weeks ago we had white out conditions and horrible weather.  Woke up the next morning to snow everywhere again.  It melted and people were out in shorts and t-shirts this past weekend and enjoying Spring, finally.  Hope they haven't packed away their winter clothing though because we are to be hit with another dumping tomorrow. A few days later it should be warmer again though.

I can handle snow and cold but by this time of the year it would be nice if it was gone.  The kids have worn out or out grown their snow pants and boots.  I'm not buying new ones this year because this crap should be gone.  There is one store I can get pants to fit my son properly and I can't do that because they are constantly out of his size due to our never-ending Winter we are having.  I would love to just put all the winter stuff away and pull out the summer clothes but it just won't end.  Problem is, the kids have missed wearing shorts, sandals, t-shirts that they will wear them even if it isn't weather appropriate to me.  One of those battles that I don't like having so I hold out until it can be avoided.  Some of the clothes have made it out and they are worn regularly but the two offenders know if they are going to under dress they are, under no circumstances, to complain to me that they are cold - even if they are turning blue.  If the weather would just co-operate with me, this wouldn't be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment